For many years, D. M. Bowman has provided short-haul and long-haul services to many areas of the country requiring the use of flatbed, bulk tanker, and other specialty equipment. Our flatbed trailers are 48-foot lightweight aluminum composite with coil racks, chains, and straps. We have dry-bulk pneumatic tankers. We have experience in transporting building materials, steel, and agri/chemical products, asphalt; and the requirements of mineral handling.
There are jobs such as construction work that require you to transport materials that may not fit in standard trailers. You will need flatbed, bulk, and specialty services to transport such materials. Here’s everything you need to know about flatbed, bulk, and specialty services and why you should use D.M. Bowman for these services.
What are Flatbed, Bulk & Specialty Services?
Flatbed, bulk, and specialty services are a means of transporting heavy, wide, oversized, uniquely shaped, and mostly indelicate goods like construction equipment, chemicals, building supplies, and machinery. These cargos do not fit within standard trailers and do not require the enclosure of dry trucks.
A flatbed trailer is typically open, with no roof or sides. Due to this feature, the hauled goods must not be sensitive to rain or generally varying weather conditions. Its length ranges between 48 – 53 feet and is versatile and popular for bulk transportation of robust goods. Its design allows for smooth operations of cranes and forklifts from all sides.
Bulk cargo can be liquids or dry goods which are not easily containerized.
For many years, D.M. Bowman has provided short-haul and long-haul services to many areas of the country, including Williamsport, MD, requiring the use of flatbed, bulk tanker, and other specialty equipment.
Specialty shipping services are best suited for the following reasons:
- Multiple destination specifications
- Live cargo
- Unique loading and offloading needs
- Large shipments
- Unique loads like exhibits, props, etc.
Flatbed Shipping Tips
The following are some of the tips you should know about flatbed shipping:
- Know your freight: Before you book a flatbed shipment, be sure to understand your cargo, its dimensions, weight, and value. You should also know how to secure, load, and offload your shipment.
- Know the flatbed trailers: It is important to familiarize yourself with flatbed trailers to make a cost-effective and safe choice. If your freight needs extended trailers, you need to alert your service provider in advance.
- Hire professionals: Shipping is made a little easier when working with experts like D.M. Bowman to help secure the capacity and equipment needed to move your freight.
Items appropriate for Flatbed, Bulk & Specialty Hauls
The following items are best suited for flatbed, bulk, and specialty hauls:
- Grains and general farm produce
- Chemical engineering products
- Construction supplies
Why D.M. Bowman for Flatbed, Bulk & Specialty Shipping?
Bulk cargo shipping can be challenging. It requires proper loading of the goods onto a vessel for transportation.
We have experience in transporting building materials, steel, Agri/chemical products, asphalt, and the requirements of mineral handling.
D.M. Bowman’s fleet is locally owned and operated in Williamsport, MD. You’ll know who your account managers are to allow for constant communication. We have a lot of daily routes and are home daily; not gone for days at a time. In addition, we have a sign-on bonus for new customers!
From regional van to bulk, flatbed, and JIT transportation services to warehousing, inventory management, distribution, and value-added services, D.M. Bowman, Inc. is ready and fully committed to being your total transportation and logistics provider.
Benefits of Using D.M. Bowman in Williamsport, MD, for Flatbed, Bulk, and Specialty Shipping
Using D.M. Bowman for shipping gives you the following advantages:
- Experience: Our experts understand the bulk business and make sure we source the right equipment to maintain your product quality through the shipping cycle.
- Product integrity: We understand that a poor wash can contaminate a subsequent load, so we maintain your product integrity always.
- Ready capacity: We are there for you if a need for emergency capacity arises.
- Experience with your product: If it is transported in a tanker, chances are, we’ve done it before.
- Certified: We are ISO-certified, with proven procedures to deliver safe and compliant shipments every single time.
- Large capacity, with a personal touch: We make all our customers feel like they are the only ones.
- No costly surprises: All charges are quoted upfront, often based on the customer’s specifications and requirements.
Call D.M. Bowman Today to Transport Your Cargo
If your company is within Williamsport, MD, and is trying to figure out how to transport your bulk cargo or is simply curious about the shipment process, please reach out to us! We are happy to answer any of your questions.
Our full range of services includes:
- Short-Haul Transportation
- Flatbed, Bulk, and Specialty Services
- Dedicated Fleet Services
- Technology Related Services
- Maintenance and Used Truck Sales & Trailer Leasing