Congratulations on beginning your new career in the Transportation industry! We know there are many carrier options you can partner with so we appreciate your consideration into joining the D.M. Bowman Inc. team! With tuition reimbursement, an excellent student training program, and home daily / weekly opportunities, D.M. Bowman Inc. is the ideal company to begin your career. We have gathered information that may be helpful to you while you make your decision below. If you still have questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 800-609-0033 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To view open positions and to get pre-qualified, view our Careers page.
With the many different positions available, we can accommodate what you’re looking for! At this time, we have opportunities with:
- Regional and Shorthaul Vans
- Dedicated and Non-Dedicated
- OTR / Regional Dry Van, Shorthaul Bulk & Flatbed
- Dry Bulk and Liquid Asphalt tankers
- Teams, Solo, Full time, Part Time
Our team operation is unique to the industry. drive up to 6 days and enjoy 36-48 hours off. If you desire, we will tailor a schedule to keep you on the road for a longer period of time.
Driver Trainers can also earn an additional $7,000 to $8,000 per year!
D.M. Bowman Inc. offers attainable bonus programs for safety, vehicle efficiency, and performance. Over 85% of our drivers earn bonuses. Teams may also qualify for a productivity bonus.
We take great pride in our comprehensive benefits package for employees! These outstanding benefits exist because of our success and excellent reputation as a motor carrier who responds to the needs of our employees and their families. Our benefits include:
- PAID Student Driver Training Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement for Student Drivers from Approved Schools
- Paid Orientation
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Plan
- Paid Time-Off and Holidays
- Modern Equipment – Average Fleet is 2.5 years old or less
- Company Issued Shirts, Jackets, and Hats
- No Cost Rider Program for Family Members
- Company Sponsored Driving Championships
- Family Picnic and Holiday Events
- Driver Referral Program
- Driver Performance Bonus Programs (over 85% of Our Drivers earn the bonuses)
Driver Tuition Reimbursement
Our Driver Tuition Reimbursement Program has been established to provide financial assistance to newly hire student drivers who select D.M. Bowman, Inc. as their first post-graduation employer, by reimbursing their out-of-pocket tuition costs up to $7,000. In order to be eligible for the Tuition Reimbursement Program, drivers must be full time employees who:
- Graduated from an accredited driving school (certificate of graduation required)
- Applied for a full time driving position with D.M. Bowman, Inc within 30 days from the date of graduation from a certified driving school
- Selected D.M. Bowman, Inc. as their first employer after graduation from driving school
- Personally financed a portion or all of his or her driving school tuition (receipt from driving school or loan office required)
After the eligible driving employee completes 90 days of employment, the terminal manager will begin the reimbursement process.
Orientation is 2 days long and paid at a rate of $100 a day. Orientation and training are held in Williamsport, MD. Here is what you can expect when you attend orientation!
- HPE – Agility Test
- Pre-employment Paperwork
- Road Test
- Lunch with Your Driver Manager
- Classroom Orientation and Presentations
- Tour of the Terminal and Maintenance Shop
- Classroom Orientation
- Training Videos
- Staff Presentations
- Training Plan Provided
(Items needed for orientation: License, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate or Passport (I-9 Documentation)
Once orientation has been completed, the student graduate will then enter PHASE I of the training program. This phase entails spending 5 to 6 weeks driving with one of the D.M. Bowman, Inc trainers who will instruct the student about D.M. Bowman’s equipment and procedures. How long the student spends in their phase is dependent upon the student’s progress.
Phase II (Optional)
Once a student graduate has been released from Phase I of training, he or she will have the option to enter Phase II, also known as our “Super Solo” program. During this phase, the student will be paired with another student whom is also being hired for the same division. They will drive together for up to 2 months. This is not the same as team driving. Both students will be together in the cab together during all driving time – one driving with the other in the passenger seat. Hours driving will be divided between both students. The students will initially be allowed to drive only 16 hours each day (8 hours each). As the students improve and learn how to manage their time effectively, the hours driving will be increased from 16 hours to 18 hours (9 hours each), then 20 hours (0 hours each), and finally 22 hours (11 hours each) until they have both completed this phase of training. This phase is designed to help student graduates mentor and guide each other as they learn our procedures and acclimate to all facets of a career as a professional driver. Pay is 18.5 cents per mile with a minimum pay agreement of $700.00 a week.